Friday, August 28, 2015

Eastward on the I & M Pt.5 - Finishing...


A bane of my fender mudguard. I couldn't help but think of "cow catchers" on trains. My home made mudguard turned out to be rather good at picking up dead leaves and twigs that made annoying squeeling noises that only ceased when I halted and let the debris fall out...


Dissection of another washout...


Modern wooden bridge, very soaked in a creosote- like preservative...


Curses...this broken bridge required a proper and annoying detour...


The near water is the water if the canal being carried through an aquaduct. The far bridge is a train trestle.  Below the far bridge is the creek the canal travels over.




Sumac. Makes a rich vitamin C tea...


Wide expanse of the Illinois River


Our passions are us- do not reset to default...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Looking forward to your comments!